Statement of Faith
The Sacred Portion Children's Outreach is a Montana non-profit corporation formed for religious purposes, with a specific mission to carry out the admonition of Holy Scripture as set forth in Deuteronomy 26:11, 12 & 14. The Statement of Faith sets forth the religious basis for the organization's purpose and its application to this Christian ministry.
1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
We look to the Scriptures as the blueprint for the scope and purpose of our lives. James 1:27 states, Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. Scripture contains thirty references alone regarding those whom the Bible calls the fatherless, a clear revelation of God's heart for orphans. Thus, The Sacred Portion Children's Outreach mission has the best interest of children as its core value and has embraced the care of orphans as its mission with a full assurance of its biblical basis in being the unequivocal will of God. In keeping with the best interest of children, we believe the term "marriage" has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 1:26-27) Further, we believe that it is God's design that children should be raised by a mother and father who are married to each other in a covenant relationship before God.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
God is sovereign over His universe. Thus, we regard nothing as our own, but rather see ourselves as stewards of what God has entrusted to us. The Sacred Portion Children's Outreach is God's organization. He is at work in the world and we look for open doors and paths leading us to where we might join Him in His work. He will make of this organization what He will and we seek to be responsive to His molding of it.
3. We believe that Jesus is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
Jesus reveals to us the character of God through His life and His words as recorded in Scripture. We see Him reaching out to those who were sick or hurting. Through The Sacred Portion Children's Outreach, we seek to follow the example of Christ in reaching out to those children who desperately need our help.
4. That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
We realize that, in and of ourselves, we will be ineffectual in this ministry. Thus, we rely on the power and leading of the Holy Spirit to accomplish the tasks set before us. For what we do accomplish we will give all credit to the Lord.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
We see the suffering of orphans as one outcome of a fallen world. We do not blame God for this suffering, but rather look to the Holy Spirit to rejuvenate the remnant of goodness within us and to spur us on in His power to lessen that suffering. Through change wrought in our own hearts by His Spirit, we become the heart of God extended to the needy children of the world.
6. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and, thus, become children of God.
It is our aim to see that children have the basic necessities of life, proper medical care and an education to prepare them for the future. Above all, our desire is to give them an awareness of the extent of God's love for them and His desire to redeem them as His children through the sacrifice of Christ.
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting separation from His presence.
The greatest gift that we can give to children is a hope that transcends whatever their present life circumstances might be - a hope of eternal communion with the God of all comfort and Father of us all.